Thursday, April 22, 2010

word to mother earth

On the eve of Earth Day, I found myself in the presence of one powerful woman. After spending a few hours chatting together, she reached in her bag to fetch her car keys and, instead, pulled out the keys to the entire zoo. An all-access pass to everything lions, tigers, and bears (oh my!) I then professed my love for elephants, and she for orangutans which lead to a discussion on the game wherein someone asks the following: If you were an animal what would you be? My answer has always been an elephant. I'm not quite sure what that says about my subconscious -- the urge to be the largest land animal, or what it means in the gigantic nose(ish) and huge floppy ears department, but if we're going off of what comes to mind first, it's always been an elephant. And I guess the whole idea of a zoo doesn't really jive with the save-the-earth-and-everything-on-it-in-its-natural-habitat idea so much, but I just had to boast about my connections. And put that whole elephant thing out there. Maybe it's why I remember all the lyrics to "Do Your Ears Hang Low."

3 comments:

Anna said...

:)

Sum said...

hahaha I loved this!

olivia said...

what are the odds that i spent earth day at the zoo and considered this very question? And what does it say about me that I would want to be a monkey?