Monday, June 2, 2008

june bug

It's official: with fans full blast, windows wide open and sunshine that lasts well into the evening, June is officially here. I grabbed a great read (an extra long one, too) and headed out onto the lawn after dinner on Sunday. I read until the last shadow danced across my fingers and I could no longer see the words on the page. What better way to begin the season - the light cushion of green grass, a new story full of new characters, fast becoming dear friends, and the feeling that the warmth of summer is here to stay.

In summer, the song sings itself.
{William Carlos Williams}


To see the Summer Sky
Is Poetry, though never in a Book it lie -
True Poems flee.
{Emily Dickinson}

The summer night is like a perfection of thought.
{Wallace Stevens}

Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability.
{Sam Keen}

Summer afternoon - summer afternoon;
To me those have always been the two
most beautiful words in the English language.
{Henry James}

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't forget that it is the beginning of hurricane season. I hope everyone in Utah is ready. Happy day!

Kasi French said...

Summer is sun tapped skin ~ and by tapped I mean slapped! And the skin I am referring to is yours. But lets do it again when you get back from your trip!!

E. said...

Oh, and now I'm all sorts of curious and need to know---what book?

Mine was a biography of Dylan Thomas---but my happy summer read was interrupted by EFYers. Sad, sad day.

Unknown said...

I miss your blogs. What have you been doing? ;)

LemonDrop Creative | Ashley said...

Hooray for summer!!! Does that mean I can quit wearing sweaters?!?!