Sunday, August 24, 2008

two to the six


Today's the Big Day. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, dear Maren! Hats off to the best roommate around. Mare's my go-to girl when I need any of the following: a cupcake that rivals those found on Bleeker St. in NYC, the eye of a fashionista, new music for my iPod, an honest opinion, kind words of encouragement, a listening ear, a brilliant quip, a quick wit, clever commentary during any Reality TV show (We've been over this, but you really should start live feed commentary from 2186, or at least a daily blog. You'd have thousands of hits) a bargain hunter, a movie buddy, a partner in crime at Anthro or the T.J., a great red chair -- upstairs or down, cool art for our walls, a trip through a shoe museum, a comrade de Dodo, Trio, or The Rio, the one I call when I'm home alone, my Bud at the Butte, the one with the cute nieces and nephews, the one to blame for my obsession with all things Cohen, (bless you) my conspirator at Hip and Humble, my late night jaunt buddy, my concert cohort (2008: Year of the Concert!) a stealth spy on any and all suspicious neighborhood activity, a great nick-name for anyone, mint chocolate chip ice cream pie...not to mention she's an essential part of our Bry-Triumverate. It's been non-stop fun (spidees included?) since December and I can't wait for what's next. Thanks, Mernie for being the bist! Many wishes for the best(est) year ever. Your lucky number is bound to bring you nothing but all the good you deserve. Lots of love!

2 comments:

Mern said...

Mwah, mwah, mwah!
Best week ever:) Now pass the sticky buns...oh

Anonymous said...

"my bud at the butte"

haha, love it

and you forgot to mention her super nerd... I mean cool... big sister

Look, I found your blog! Nice.