Monday, May 24, 2010

Claybourne Project

This little project has been taking up a large amount of my time. I've loved almost every minute of it. Last week was a bit terrifying, however: I stood, fingers crossed, uttering silent prayers, while four guys tried to heft an 800 lb. piece of granite down the stairs (one piece of 8 granite slabs they had to transport from the driveway to the basement). It's the closest I've come to heart attack, I think. To ease the pain, I went and sat in my car in the rain until they'd made it passed the point where the staircase turns. The stone is now safely installed and looks beautiful. We're getting there. Furniture--the fun part--is next.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

w and w said...

Talk about a feat! Way to go Marth! How you inspire me. Oh and I have to tell you, I have a new friend out this way. Maybe you've met her... Mrs. Allison Theodosis herself!