Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Ike and Em



It's no secret that girls need girls. And, I've got the best girls around, hands down. I'm not quite sure what I did to deserve such loyal friends. They and their darling husbands are all off doing exciting and good things with their lives. Em and Isaac Hawkins are now in Spokane. Em left a photography studio here in Salt Lake in desperate need of a top-notch photographer, graphic designer, and an all-around inspiration girl. She's now doing her own thing in Spokane and is going to revolutionize things up there, just like she's done here. Emily has an incredible eye for color, composition, space, texture, shape and form. I adore her work as much as I adore her. Isaac just passed the Bar and they're just about to move into a darling home. To top it off, they are just about the best looking couple I've ever seen!

Check out Emily's amazing pictures and other Hawkins Happenings on their blog.



I've had these girls by my side since junior high (Em has actually been there since first grade). Having them gone has been a bit of an adjustment. But, I'm excited about all the good they are doing in their various locations. I've decided my life would be really great if I could just hop on a plane and stop everywhere from Washington to New York City to Minnesota to Kansas to Texas to California and places in between. To all of you out there who I miss so dearly, I'm thinking about you and hope to see you soon!

1 comment:

Ali said...

Okay, okay! So many thoughts: she makes me want to take up black and white photography, I love that she captures the ordinary, I love how charming Ike is, I love how they always manage to look magazine worthy, I love how their love seriously radiates from them, I love her parents --- they're absolutely beautiful.

Oh yes, I love these two people and all their adventures from afar.