Sunday, February 3, 2008

Seconds and Firsts

Tonight I saw a favorite movie for the second time, paying only a dollar this round. I would dished out more. I adore that film - everything about it. Seeing it again confirms my hunch. E and I were talking about this very thing on Tuesday night. How there are movies that you get homesick for. Movies you crave. Movies you've seen a million times over. Movies you could recite from opening shot to final scene. Every so often, you have to give in and fall asleep amid Marianne and Willoughby, Darcy Dialog or a classic Tom and Meg Moments. This movie is destined to be one of those. think I liked it more upon second screening and I feel it will be that way on round 50. I can't wait.

I came home to learn of this. This is a first. And maybe a last? But, thanks for the introduction. I printed out a picture and took it to the master-minds at Kinko's. It is on its way to becoming a life-sized cardboard cutout. Hey, I owe you one. We've been looking for a fourth roommate.

Driving home tonight, I listened to Joni for the five-thousandth time. Oh, how I love her sweet strumming. I'm currently occupying our couch for the fourth time this week, hot water bottle snug to my chest, reading and writing.

No comments: