Friday, October 3, 2008

I'm it. You're it.

I was tagged by Em.

Six Quirks
But first...
Question: what's the definition of a quirk? I don't think these are all that quirky. Or does the fact that I think that I think they're not quirky qualify them as a quirk?

1. This stems from Emily's biting nails comment...I pick mine. Quite the celebration was thrown when I kicked the biting habit, but somehow I've never been able to stop the picking. It's hereditary, right? My Dad does it, too. I like him quite a bit and a lot of other people do, too, so it's o.k., right?
2. I arrange everything by color. Books, for example: I don't put all the reds together, or all the greens spine-to-spine. I choose color combinations I like, and group those books just so. The same goes for the items in my shower caddy: I put the pink and orange bottled body wash next to the green foot scrub because I like the color contrast. (I love color theory a little too much, maybe?)
3. I brush my teeth in the shower.
4. I switch off between creamy and crunchy peanut butter. If I bought crunchy the last time, I'll get creamy the next. What can I say...I like to mix it up.
5. This proves I'm a Haglund (and proud of it). Just like Karl, Paul, David, and Karen; Rich, Evan, Matt and my Grandfather, I stick out my tongue when I'm concentrating. And it helps. (If I've accused any family members of innocent tongue-sticking, forgive me. If I've failed to mention you and your tongue wants some recognition, stick it out. The more the merrier. And, I'm still pulling for the tongue picture portion of the slide show this summer at the reunion.)
6. I love to paint my toenails (or, even better, have someone else paint them) but not red. Although red is one of my favorite colors. Just not for toes. For them, I like shades of pink.

Next up: Anna, Meeks, Kates, Kas and Bibbers.

No comments: