Saturday, July 25, 2009

wish i was here

I know I promised pictures of Southern CA. I can't find my camera cord. I'm going to have to buy a card reader Monday. Speaking of photographs...

I logged onto flickr the other day and found out that one of my photos from our Nantucket vacation (four summers ago! Family, can you believe it?) has been nominated for a contest. I'm shocked. Truly. I don't consider myself a photographer at all, (especially with such a mediocre camera). Scrolling through my Nantucket album made me quite nostalgic, though.

I just so happened to check Urban Grace today. I've included some of her lovely photos, taken the same time of year (with a much better camera). All the photos below are from Urban Grace. Go to her blog to see more photos from her trip with her husband and to read what she has to say about Nantucket.

Check out that sun room.

I love the festoons and the nautical flags.

Roses on the rooftop?! This place is pure magic, people.

1 comment:

Sum said...

OMG. I can't say how much I love Nantucket. I went there once for a wedding and stayed at a house there. Beautiful.