Monday, March 28, 2011

test pots and paint brushes

I spent Friday with the architect of a house we're working on. We spend lots of Fridays together, which is really delightful, actually. (Mostly because she's delightful and I admire her work very much.) This past Friday we were determined to nail down paint colors for each room in the house so we can get going on fabric and furniture. The colors are so soft and lovely--like they were pulled them from the spot where the earth and sky mingle. I spent Saturday begging paint stores to match swatches from a British paint company.* I was fairly successful. I'll spend today painting little canvases colors like Skylight, Calamine, Skimming Stone, and Vert de Terre. Kinda makes me want to sing a little Pocahontas. I'm not gonna lie.


*They sell the pain in the U.S., just not in Utah.

No comments: