Sunday, October 14, 2007

Tie a knot and hold on

Just when I thought I was at the end of my rope, that the ship was indeed headed straight for the storm, and there was no one within ear-shot of my MAYDAY! MAYDAY! clarion ship-to-shore S.O.S., the clouds began to part...ever so slowly...one at a time.
The following brought back blessed buoyancy:


*A much-needed phone call from my favorite red-headed Minnesota roommate.
*A night out for Mom's birthday with Grandma and Uncle R.
*A trip up Big Cottonwood to work on the P's cabin, the leaves at their prime.
*Time today with the darling Beehives and Liz's ever-wise words.
* Testimony meeting at MP First.
*Grandma's comment to Sister Wooddard, thinking no one was listening.
*Thoughts from an inspired bishop at the U of U 33rd ward.
*Mandy. I love you, dear Mandy! (No, E. Not that one, although she did make work errands on Friday "Extraordinary.")
*A spontaneous dance party last night in Sarah's room.
*Girl time ... with A, S, Grace Kelly, Dr. L ... and, oh yeah, Rick.
*The Chard. Period. The End.

Thank you, one and all! May I be so lucky as to return the favor.

"At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person."
|Albert Schweitzer|




3 comments:

m.m. said...

the chard actually helped?? amazing :)

M said...

You know you love him. You two are "besties." For sure. You're practically inseparable when you're together.

E. said...

Oh, wow---m.m. beat me to that comment!