Thursday, February 12, 2009

200 Years


With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation's wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan, to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations.
|
2nd Inaugural|

I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live by the light that I have
.


Don't worry when you are not recognized, but strive to be worthy of recognition.


Every man is said to have his peculiar ambition. Whether it be true or not, I can say for one that I have no other so great as that of being truly esteemed of my fellow men, by rendering myself worthy of their esteem.


Die when I may, I want it said by those who knew me best that I always plucked a thistle and planted a flower where I thought a flower would grow.

|Abraham Lincoln|

“[Lincoln was] a Christ in miniature, bigger than his country—bigger than all the Presidents together. Why? Because he loved his enemies as himself.” *
|Leo Tolstoy|

*Thank you, Amy, for this quote.

No comments: