Wednesday, December 30, 2009

dashing through the snow

Last night we took a later than usual for the season jaunt along Christmas Street, strings of lights connecting house-to-house and reindeer prancing off the rooftops. Since you can't be in the Christmas Street neck of the woods and not hit up Bible Street, we headed there next. We took turns reading the signs that announce the arrival of the baby Jesus, skipping some pages completely covered in snow after yesterday's whiteout snowstorm. I'm not sure about my passenger (who may have been a wee bit ill from our supper and perhaps his breakfast and lunch, too) but Christmas isn't Christmas without these two favorite childhood spots. Last night was truly a holiday haut de jour*. After a little coaxing, I got the consent for one last trip: the Christmas window. The "Peas on Earth" display on Michigan probably wasn't the icing on the cake he was hoping for, but it sufficed to sum up the evening before we headed home with our seat heaters on high. I was happy to wake up to more snow this morning, for what is winter without white?

*Reading Eloise every so often isn't cutting it. My French grammar is abysmal. L'aidez-moi, s'il vous plait.

2 comments:

Marcus Lane said...

oh christmas street....i told that that back in the day it was better and bigger and she just told me that i grew up!

Bekah said...

Christmas and Bible streets are my favorite! My family has always gone there, too. Love your blog, hope you are well!