Thursday, April 24, 2008

down over and up

Flying solo, I walked past the Magic House yesterday. Sans my rainbows, spring sunlight streaming through the budding tree branches, I took survey of our favorite spot. As I reached the tip of the circle, where the water begins to trickle and the faint lantern-light spills, there was a distinction in the air; a confirmation. This is our spot. Our reference point. The place where secrets swarm, thoughts tumble and fireflies throng.

Perhaps it won't be as spontaneous this year, but we'll visit often. I can't wait for Liv to decide she might not make it. For E's contagious laughter. For my legs to hurt way more than they should at such an incline. To get lost in the ease and joy that is OME, three in a row, walking wide and free into the summer night.

1 comment:

E. said...

Oh, you should have dragged me with you! Sleep is so very overrated, you know.

The moment I'm back, we're walking.