Sunday, May 18, 2008

twenty-five


To my dear roomie, I say:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
It's true, Kasi is one year older and wiser (check out here blog) today. You're right Kas, it's about the little things. Here are 25 little reasons why I adore you.
  • Your up-for-anything attitude
  • Your work hours, which allow us to begin post-work wind-downs at 4 p.m.
  • That one night we stayed up for seven hours talking about seven years and came to the conclusion that seven means the same to both of us.
  • Sunning in the back yard on Saturdays at 9 am
  • Your TV watching rules. You. Mean. Business.
  • Apple pies at midnight and chocolate donut cookies
  • Thoughtful comments in RS*
  • When you say you're going to bed, but really you're watching Jim.
  • Your love for John.
  • All the videos you find of John: "...I see really important things out of my periphery. I. Don't. Know. What. That. Was! ... At 110, I was pretty sure I was dead."
  • "Snap, what a happy sound!"
  • Cali roadtripping
  • Every Sunday without fail you try to get me to transfer to your ward
  • Blue Crush - you let us take her anywhere, anytime!
  • Your definition of "happiness," and I don't mean what you put on your blog. (You know what I mean?)
  • Our CRAZY weekends. (We really need a few weekends in. It's getting out of hand).
  • How you want to be Julia Roberts so bad
  • The morning you thought I was going to die and I thought you were going to die. We're such a good upstairs team! "Call Maren!"
  • I believe you are the only person on this planet I would allow to call me "Mar"
  • That HD TV you're going to win us. "I believe you should start praying about that now."
  • You share Robin with us.
  • The conversations you and Mare and I have in the "hallway" by our rooms late at night. Topics ranging from Life/Death to carbon monoxide poisoning to heartaches to sleeping in a sauna.
  • Trips up to the Bountiful temple - we're about due for one of those.
  • You never complain that I go between every room and my bedroom 95 times before bed.
  • Your pep talks. The hurdles you help me jump - Saturday was a big day for us. Are your legs as sore as mine? I think we deserve a hot fudge sundae. I'll drive.
  • When you take people to the airport in your pajamas.
I'm so glad we're roomies! Have a happy day. See you tonight for all the birthday FUN.

*I'm not quite sure why this is so big. I tried to fix it. Apparently this isn't a little thing I adore bout you. Even Blogger knows how thoughtful your comments are in RS!

2 comments:

Kasi French said...

MarTHA - thanks! I'm laughing at my computer and perhaps wiping away a tear. I could not ask for better roommates and friends than you and Mare have been over the past little while!! LOVE YOU!!

Unknown said...

Note to self. Scratch Mar plans.

Oh... And felicidades to Kasi.