Thursday, March 12, 2009

the creative un-genius

In attempt to tackle a Larger-Than-Martha's-Life project for work, I've been reading, watching and researching creativity this week. I've read about photographers setting their foot on never-before-seen islands going camera-cuckoo, their shutter snapping every millisecond. Writers who have holed themselves up in houses for months on end in a last-stitch effort to finish a project, finally able to unleash that writer's block-beast. TED has been my creativity cohort today. I've listened to lectures on the creative process, the creative genius, and why we creative people tend to put so much pressure on themselves. (Pressure?! Ahem.)

While I've been unusually inspired the past several days (for work and non-work, i.e. this blog), this creativity expedition has landed me on my own Writer's Block Island, of sorts. Instead of not being able to write, it's that I've done so much writing, I don't quite know where to stop and start.* So, if I write solely on creativity for the next two weeks, that's why. It's bound to be a jumbled mess, too. However, consider yourself warned. Until I decide where to go from here...signing off from somewhere in Creativity Wonderland,
M

{illustration from here}

*This is by no means an announcement that I'm halfway to a novel, nor that what I have to say will be novel, itself. It is, however, an announcement that I haven't been ignoring this corner of the web all week long.

1 comment:

Leigh said...

I still think you should write a book... I'll totally try to get it published!