Sunday, March 22, 2009

True Blue

A few months ago, I was driving up the hill when I caught an add on the radio. "Win a night with Kyle Korver," the annoucer said. Say no more! I simply had to text "Kyle" to some random combo of numbers and I'd be well on my way to dinner and dancing (that's what he does when he's not hoopin' it up) with that handsome Iowa boy. In a moment of utter selflessness, I sent Mern the text so she could join in. No need to worry, I planned on telling her if she won she'd have to share. If we'd won, you would have heard it here first, folks, (and/or seen pictures plastered all over this blog slash the Internet. We're shameless.) Needless to say, Kyle is still single, but we're not giving up the dream just yet.

Someone down at the ESA, perhaps Kyle himself, felt out pangs. The other day I caught the very end of another Jazz advertisement. The announcer echoed forth from the speakers, "...Text 'Jazz' to 1437 (or something like that) or go to utahjazz.com to enter True Blue." I pulled out my phone and dialed in a frenzy, this was my second chance. I didn't just enter twice. I entered several times. I was tempted to add an "I heart you, Kyle" for extra measure, but figured I'd save that for our in-person encounter. Just as I was about to let Mern in on the phone-fun, I got the following text in return:
"Which Jazz True Blue Job would you like? Rply w/ your choice #:
1) SECURITY
2) TV PRODUCER
3) GAME OPS
4) SUPERSCREEN
5) BALL BOY
6) PRESIDENT
7) PR
8) MUSIC
9) PROMOTIONS."
Not exactly a night with Mr. Korver. I sent back my reply: #9. All this time I thought I'd have to go through Jerry Sloan in order to get things done around here. Who knew it would just take a text message? I'd like to thank the folks at True Blue for such an opportunity. Things may start to look a little different around here. If you notice two sets of girls whiping beads of sweat from Kyle's pretty face on game night, well, that's just the beginning. As for the other jobs available, I think that's my decision now. Please rply w/ your # choice to this post. GO JAZZ!

No comments: