Sunday, January 17, 2010

new year, new trajectory

As one who has always been better at holding on than letting go, I've been slow to close the door on 2009. The other day while thumbing through an old file, I found some papers from my English class my senior year of high school. Robert Frost's words stared back at me:

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

As hesitant as I've been to step across the threshold of 2010, I'm enthusiastic about the doors that I see before me and those that aren't yet within my trajectory. Beyond them are new hues. New leaves. New things, as good as gold.

New Year's Resolutions on the Redux:
1. Create.
2. Be True to self.
3. Listen.
4. Discern.
5. Live in the moment.

1 comment:

natalie said...

love your resolutions. let's go to lunch. soon.