Wednesday, January 23, 2008

One Not So Fine Day.

At exactly 9:15 am this morning, my little laptop was laid to rest, forever, after a head-on collision on the evening of Tuesday, January, 22, 2008. She was pronounced DOA (dead on arrival). May she rest in peace in Mac Land.

The Associated Press is unable to post an image with this story. The editor is unaware how to carry out this process on a PC.

*Please note: There is no connection between the death of my laptop and the death of Hollywood heart-throb/actor Heath Ledger, although both the accidental death of Ledger and the accidental death of my laptop are still under investigation. Toxicology tests are anticipated to take up to ten days. Lack of sleep and anxiety are expected.

7 comments:

E. said...

No! No! Tell me 'tis not true!

Oh well. MacBook Air, right?

M said...

It IS true, E! So, so sad. I cried. No lie. And then, I realized that it's just a possession and life goes on, right?

Martha said...

Sorry about your laptop Moof! (And what happened to Heath Ledger? I'm not really "in the know" doncha know? ) And I love your story about the MIB guys. Any idea what it was for?

Theo Fam said...

So sad Marth! On a lighter note...guess who's getting a Mac?

m.m. said...

that is sad...that mac had done so much with you! it had lived a very full life, that's for sure. well now you'll just have to buy a new one :)

M said...

Meeks, it WAS a new computer! Isn't that sad?! It was only five months old. Had it been my old laptop, those tears would have been tears of JOY!

Kelly O. said...

wait, what happened to it?