Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Song 2

Today I got off on University Parkway, which I never do, but I was craving an "O Red Mango," (that's what my sister calls it) which is located on the eternal stretch of asphalt that is University Parkway in Orem. As I drove past UVU, fond memories came flooding back and the British beats of Blur popped into my head. Suddenly I was riding shot-gun on the way to pick up a little brother from math class, prepped for a full days worth of stories, and an afternoon of gourmet snacks followed by a bit of color theory.

I passed half a dozen car dealerships along that millennial stretch of highway yesterday. Unfortunately none of them advertised a DeLorean (B Money discussed at length his plans to build a gold one at lunch the other day, so if I was really desperate to drive down Memory Lane I could have asked him.) Going back in time wasn't an option. Instead, I cued the soundtrack to the Blockbuster hit, "Levi's Jump" on my ipod, curbed my Red Mango craving and headed to the physics lab.* Gone are the blessed days of youth. (Sigh).

*Boy, could that place use a healthy dose of Unkle P.

1 comment:

Libby and Dustin said...

It's truly unfortunate that a mango is shaped much the same as an O.