Sunday, November 1, 2009

a blue book beginning

With the beginning of another November comes the arrival of another National Blog Posting Month, something which brings with it equal amounts of dread and delight. Last night as I tried to fall asleep I felt it coming on. I felt the pressure building. The thoughts piling up in front of an empty blue book eager to be filled with thoughts. I wanted to slip my fingers between the seal. To break it. To begin. Making mental notes on mental paper, I hoped something would stick. Ideas flooded in and out. In the end, weariness claimed the victory as my mind bought up real estate in Dream Land. The thought of one more day a soothing lullaby, I drifted off.

Just like last year, my dear E (fellow lover of words, fellow participant, and the one who got me into this mess three years ago) is a world away. She won't be participating this year because she's spreading The Word in a much more important way. Regardless of the fact that I won't have her daily thoughts as inspiration to keep going, I shall trudge on, knowing I'm one of thousands who'll sit at a computer to write every day for a month. I'm certainly not promising greatness, but I will promise to try. All of these thoughts have to land somewhere.

No comments: