Sunday, November 8, 2009

Happy Birthday to The Bibbs

Happy, happy birthday, sister dear!

You are my most favorite person. Thanks for playing T ball with me and for teaching me to throw a football. Thank you for wearing matching Lanz nightgowns on Christmas Eve and for letting me ride your roller blades the next morning when I got a bow holder instead. Thank you for letting me sleep in the double bed with you at 1936. Thank you for sleeping downstairs at 1928. Thank you for saving me (on multiple occasions) from death by scooter slash ferocious little dogs on Nantucket and for taking me on killer snowmobile rides up Weber Canyon. Thank you for teaching me about politics in the Rose Shop van. Thank you for showing me how to make the yellow banana seat bike into an exercise bike by taking off the chain. Thank you for stealing rocks from the garden at The Ladies' House. Thank you for always mowing the lawn so I didn't have to. Thank you for teaching me how to fight, in multiple senses of the word. You are strong, strong, strong. You are a nurturer. You are a gifted teacher. You are a loving wife. You are a dear friend. Thank you for being my bosom buddy all these years. I am so glad we share a birthday month. Here's to new adventures this year. I cannot wait!

1 comment:

Ellie said...

Great post. Love you both!