Monday, November 10, 2008

cha cha cha

Leaves crunching underfoot and chilly fall air all about us, last night we took a post-dinner stroll. Picking the streets we strolled along, he pointed out favorite houses and aspects of them each. I wasn't shy - I chimed in with any and all critical or complimentary commentary. We ended up in uncharted country, a street I'd passed but never explored. I'm no conquistador, nor was this New World anything worthy of a conquest, but we did find the World's Shortest Fence, standing a mere 12" above the ground. Territory, is territory, I suppose. All in all, the night was victorious if you ask me. And I've got some sweet tastin' fresh basil noodles left-over to prove it. Planting a proverbial flag in that pasta, I'm staking my claim on what's left. It's mine, all mine.

1 comment:

Kasi French said...

To New Conquests (clinking together of glasses)!