Saturday, November 29, 2008

the pie toll

Breakfast at OTC this morning with an old friend. So fun to look across the table at someone who is so dear and laugh and joke and know that all is right in the world. Next up, lunch at Thanksgiving Point and a stroll around the gardens which, SG and I decided are just as charming in November as they are in the Spring/Summer months. We wandered around arbors, sat under pergolas, and found the path across all the bridges in sight. The sunset was breathtaking over the Ocres as snow began to fall on the mountains to the east. On our way out, we caught a movie and topped the night off with Toll House pie at the Dodo. We spoke of ambitions, passions, favorite things: colors, places, baseball, and music. When all is said and done, when all favorite things are tallied, Toll House Pie = The Key to my Heart. It's as simple as that. All-in-all, another great November Day to add to the books. The night continued on an upswing as I walked in the door to find my YBH girls in the basement with Notting Hill on repeat on Channel 54. What more could three girls want. They're on round two as I'm about to hit the hay. Can't wait for Spiritual Enlightenment tomorrow and time with the fam.

2 comments:

Leigh said...

oh I missed out on a Notting Hill night? SO jealous.

Lindsay & Josh said...

Marth, I met your aunt D and your Uncle ? last night, he's your dad's brother. Anyway we had great conversation and they told me about the newly reupholstered chairs they had seen at your Grandma's. Anyway it was fun to meet them. Let's catch up soon!