Wednesday, November 26, 2008

twenty-seven, twenty-eight, twenty-nine

On October the twenty-ninth, twenty-eight days ago today, K and A and I sat in a corner booth.* We dipped bread and ate cheese and talked of the future -- A's future, if you want particulars. Tonight, in a booth across town, it was my turn to toast to the year that is Twenty-seven. What I'll work towards. How I plan to get there and what I'll do once I arrive. Thanks to K and A for the company, the "hear! hear's!" and the three cheers. Until July, K Dear. Then it's your turn!

On another note: baked pies today with Mom, Bibbers and The Chard. Sang Patty Griffin all afternoon. Bought prizes for tomorrow and am now tucked in for a slumber party. Can't wait for the crowd, Grandma's rolls and mashed potatoes, commentary from The Brothers N and after-Turkey BINGO in Alpine, among all other Things Thanksgiving!

*We miss our Meka Mouse. Must remedy that. Quick!

No comments: