Saturday, November 8, 2008

to sister


Someone has a birthday today.
One of my favorite someones. She is 28! She is smart and kind and generous. She is beautiful (with no make-up! I'm so jealous.) She is courageous. She is brave.
She is patient. She is fun to travel with. (Boston 2005, our own room.) She gives great advice. She informed me about the important contributions of Ivan Peterson. She is fun, creative, and selfless. Kids flock to her. She is a good artist. She is a good writer. She can rap. She can play any musical instrument (Including my violin. Not fair.) She is not afraid to try new things. She is the best baby-sitter EVER and there's a whole neighborhood to back me up on that one. She is good with people: young, old and in between. She once saved me when I was seated by the right filange on the plane. She is an optimist. She is an amazing cellist. We like to go get frozen yogurt together at The Mav and Shop N' Go. We like to run Saturday errands together. She helps everyone feel needed and loved. She serves and doesn't ask for recognition. She beats all the boys at basketball (and football, and swimming, and water polo, and tennis.) She takes good care of her husband. (She should. He's really great.) She makes me laugh. I can tell her anything. She laughs at my dumb jokes. (Turtley Turtle)
She likes to eat at Joe's Bar and Grill 'cause it's her favorite. She leaves five dollar tips for the waiters there. She helps me when I'm stressed out. She is outdoorsy and athletic.
She taught me how to drive a stick shift. She's got mad scrapbooking skills. She lets me come visit whenever I want. She helped me with my flip-turns. She rescues me when I'm in a jamb. We like to have dance parties late at night in the kitchen with Mom. She makes Christmas fun. She calls me just because. She is even-tempered. She is a gifted teacher.
She is a true friend. She is a wonderful daughter. I don't know what I would do without her.
She is my very most favorite sister!
She is my hero.
Love you, Bibbers!


6 comments:

Melissa said...

I forgot that Libby and Marshall have the same birthday. Happy Birthday to Libby! Oh, I loved this post and had to steal the idea, thanks!

Natalie Petersen said...

Happy Birthday Libs!!!! How old is she now?

Natalie Petersen said...

and I secretly LOVE this picture!

olivia said...

happy birthday Libby!

Libby and Dustin said...

Thank you Marfie! I love you. I wish my birthday blogpost to you was as cool as yours. Love you.
Your Sistah
Libby

Libby and Dustin said...

Thanks Marfie! Love you!