Wednesday, November 28, 2007

30 days

And so, the NaBloPoMo days march slowly on. Lately I often find myself repeating "Thirty days hath September, April, June and November..." then, I bursts into a silent symphony, grateful that November isn't in the "All-The-Rest-Have-31" category.

30 Things I'd rather be doing than coming up with yet another so-so post tonight:

1. Reading: the stack of unfinished books beside my bed, the latest articles in Traditional Home, Architectural Digest and House & Garden, the newspaper, other friend's blogs...
2. Sleeping
3. Eating ice cream, although posting really can't stop me, now can it?
4. Chit-chatting on the phone
5. Invoicing. (Ha! So that's a lie)
6. Writing in my actual journal which has not only taken a back seat during this month of Thirty Days, but would now be considered hanging onto the hitch of said hypothetical car-with-back-seat.
7. Sketching: house plans, doodles, my name over and over again, scribbles, and the like
8. Lesley, The Rev Al Green and blue thermals in the dark.
9. Organizing my office (I'm serious on this one. My Dad now refers to it as "Baghdad")
10. Helping Chard with his infamous Christmas Music Mixes
11. Any and all things OME
12. Laundry (again, I'm serious).
13. Enjoying the finally-December weather
14. Watching "Mad About You" re-runs
15. Finishing up a few iMovie projects
16. Starting my Christmas cards
17. Taking in great art at any local gallery
18. Traveling
19. Time with the cousins
20. Road-tripping
21. Getting a pedicure
22. Making homemade pizza or Mom's apple cake
23. Catching up on emails
24. Taking in the magical lustre of Temple Square this time of year
25. Cabin-ing
26. Ho cho/sno sho
27. Attacking The Pile Museum (the curator est moi) in my office
28. Walking with Kates and Gracie
29. Roasting chestnuts on an open fire
30. Decking the Halls

Only 2 more days and the hiatus begins!

4 comments:

m.m. said...

i do not think your posts are so-so!

Katie said...

I'm going to be sad when you don't post everyday. I know I don't get to see it everyday, but when I do there are so many fun posts to read and enjoy. You are such an incredible writer Marth!

Way to go on hanging in there for the 30 days. I wish we were on a walk with you too!

Theo Fam said...

Me neither! I too am dreaming of Al Green these days! I love you!

Lesley said...

Let's just say I pulled the outfit out over Thanksgiving. Felt so good to go back to my roots:)