Tuesday, November 27, 2007

free verse

Our time was not long
The memories not yet old
We took our mistakes
And turned them into gold

You grasped the stars
And placed them in my hand
And we walked together
A bright new land

Soul to soul
A circle made whole
Painting the sky
A bright shade of blue

Nothing to conceal
Moving on seemed too real
Not wanting to know
One of us would let go

The passage of time
Too fast to hold
We stand and we fall
Unaware, if anything at all

As you turn and leave my hand
You've left traces in my land
Your shadow walks with me
This un-charted land

Sure as I'm breathing sure as I'm sad
I'll keep this feeling as long as I can

I've got to find my direction
I've got to walk that road
Rise up and set forth
Find my own new North

Searching for reason
In our separate ways
I'm leaving with more than I had
Those golden flecks you left in my days

As I walk, as I go
I've got a wish and I know
That the beginning is now at the end of this road

I leave here believing
Love has got no ceiling

*DISCLAIMER: This is silly, really. Something I challenged myself to finish and post. And, my first attempt at actual poetry. It hardy qualifies. If I were smart enough, I wouldn't have to title it "free verse." Oh well. Special thanks to E.V. And, for those interested readers/readers who are going to email and ask me who this is about: hint: "our time wasn't long." That may save me a few explanations. :)

No comments: