Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Be White

M and I both count on snow before our birthday. We're three days and counting and the temperature's dropping. I set out later than expected for some exercise last night. Heeding the thermometer in my car (which had read 68 degrees only a few hours earlier) I slipped on my Michigan sweatshirt and set off. It wasn't quite enough of a buffer, but that didn't deter my evening jaunt. As the November air nipped at my cheeks, I thought of M, our birthdays, and the times we've been able to celebrate together: Harry Potter Lego sets, phone calls at first snowflakes, waffle breakfasts, pumpkin chocolate chip bread, puzzles in the dining room and the famous pumpkin cheesecake, which, as tradition goes, I'll make tomorrow.

After The Chill set in full-force today, I'm thinking maybe we'll get our wish. Think: snow. Happy Birthday, M. May it be Merry and White. (Just like we loughph(x)e.)

No comments: