Sunday, November 11, 2007

yellow gumdrops

I'm afraid I've left this to the last minute tonight. Everything (and I mean everything) about today was unexpected. And I'm not too good with The Unexpected. I'm missing B terribly today. I wish more than anything I could have walked straight to her house after church today, grabbed gumdrops from the buffet, sat down in her cheery front room and then she'd tell me exactly where to go from here. The raindrops have finally stopped, leaving the house too quiet for my tangled and wandering thoughts which aren't transferring to this blog page. Time to pull out a Sharpie and have at it.

1 comment:

E. said...

Oh, M! I'm afraid the Unexpected is something of an epidemic---it's sweeping across Provo, too. And I. Don't. Like. It.

I knocked on your door yesterday morning, but you weren't home. I think the rain helped paint that picture quite well.